Pierre Beaudry studied trombone and tuba at the Conservatoire def Musique du Québec in Trois-Rivières and Montreal between 1978 to 1985 where he obtained 5 first prizes from 1980 to 1985, in dictation, Solfege, trombone, chamber music and tuba. He won the Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal Bass Trombone position in 1982 before finishing his studies, which he completed it thereafter. He has performed nearly 6,000 concerts with the OSM. He played on nearly 100 recordings, some of which have become works of reference. He is finishing this year his 35th season in this prestigious orchestra.
As a teacher, Pierre has the below distinctions to his name...
- Trombone teacher at McGill University since 2010.
- Tuba professor at the Conservatoire de musique du Québec since 2010
- Tuba Teacher at Université de Montréal from 2010 to 2012.
- Guest Professor of Trombone at the International Academy of the Domain
- Professor of Trombone at McGill University from 1994 to 1998 Professor of Trombone and Tuba at the Conservatoire de Musique in Trois-Rivières from 1985 to 1989.
During his career, Pierre has performed as a soloist or has been an invited artist several times in different festivals in Canada, United States, Italy, South America, China, etc. He did several Masterclasses in Canada as well as abroad, including a Master Class at the 28th International Trombone association of Postdam New York in 1999 which he did with Pete Sullivan, Vivian Lee and Dennis Miller, OSM low brass section. He did another one during aTour with the OSM in Tokyo in 2008. Several were performed in Canada.
Pierre has also had the privilege of playing in concert in duet with Jos Alessi, Alain Trudel, James Box, Norman Bolter. On tuba, he played in a brass quintet with Alain Trudel, John Zirbel, Jens Lindeman and James Thompson in 2008.
With the aim of perfecting his art, he plays most of the
Brass instruments such as:
Family of trombones (soprano, alto, tenor, bass and contrabass),
Trumpet, cornet, horn, euphonium and tuba in Eb, F, CC, and BBb.