1. Age / âge
2. Hometown / ville
4. How old were you when you started playing your instrument? / Quel âge aviez-vous quand vous avez commencé à jouer votre instrument ?
5. Why did you choose your instrument / Pourquoi avez-vous choisi cet instrument ?
My former class teacher knew a good violin teacher and adviced me to start playing an instrument as an addition to school (instead of skipping a year)
6. What are your professional goals? / Décrivez quelques-unes de vos ambitions professionnelles.
getting into a good conservatoire to be able to work with different, challenging teachers. getting a permanent job in a hopefully good orchestra, never losing enthusiasm ábout it doing as many different things as possible such as cross-over projects etc. travelling and getting to know to different people and cultures
7. What made you decide to pursue classical music? / Pourquoi avez-vous choisi une formation en musique classique ?
choosing the violin...
8. What is the biggest challenge you face in your pursuit of a career in music? / Quel est le plus grand obstacle à surmonter afin de poursuivre une carrière en musique ?
not losing enthusiasm, to keep working hard and to pursue my career in times of severe cutbacks in the field of culture
9. How do you feel you will benefit from participation in the NYOC? / Comment pensez-vous que votre participation à lONJC puisse vous aider?
working with excellent people, hopefully getting some new ideas concerning musical interpretation, orchestra work etc. getting to know to a diffent approach to orchestra work as I did already in Scotland and in France. Broadening my experiences, easier adjustments to new e.g. conductors, orchestras Exploring Canada and the United States Preparation for future work in a professional career
Do you write or arrange your own music? / Êtes-vous compositeur ou arrangeur de votre propre musique ?
Do you participate in any other performing or creative arts? Do you participate in any other performing or creative arts? / Êtes-vous artiste dans un autre milieu que la musique (théâtre, arts visuels, etc.) ?
What are your interests outside classical music / Avez-vous d’autres intérêts à part la musique classique ?
At the moment not much: I'm quite occupied with finishing school, practicing and doing auditions. In order to be able to combine all that and social life my main interest are my friends and I try to use all my spare time to spend with them.
Who is your favourite classical musician? / Quel est votre artiste (classique) préféré ?
I don't really have a favourite, but I quite like Heifetz.
Who is your favourite non-classical musician? / Quel est votre artiste (non classique) préféré ?
What is your favourite piece of music? / Quel est votre morceau préféré ?
What has recently played on your Mp3? / Qu’écoutez-vous ces jours-ci sur votre Mp3?
Not listening to anything.
If you weren't touring with the NYOC what would you be doing with your summer? / Si vous ne faisiez pas partie de l' ONJC que feriez-vous cet été?
Going to a few festivals (non-classical), visiting Scotland where I spend a year in 2009/10 and maybe travelling about France
What is there about you that you think people might be surprised to know? / Y a-t-il quelque chose à votre propos qui est un peu surprenant ou hors de l’ordinaire?
Although my English is better I'm nuts about French and hope to improve it during my stay.
What advice would you give young artists just starting out? / Quel conseil donneriez-vous aux jeunes artistes qui viennent de commencer?
Play with other people, do chamber music, orchestra work and whatever you can find. That motivates and shows you where you're heading!